Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1 score and Four years ago......

I feel like this is deja-vu...... To feel so low and also feel so angry (that those bastard Giants fans can say that they beat us TWICE, not just once but TWICE now in the Super Bowl) is wicked heartbreaking.

Let me be WICKED CLEAR though - I ain't a fair weather fan, and although this loss SUCKS, I love my Patriots.... And even though we lost (as a team) I still wore my Pats t-shirt on Monday morning, as one last tribute to a great year, which was spoiled at the very end of the line. Man, this one hurts. Hurts wicked bad.......
I am embarrassed to admit this but it's been two days now - in a row - that I have woken up to nightmares about that game and all the missed opportunities..... my first thoughts were "is Tom Brady alright?!?!?!", wicked weird, but not for a die hard.
I am embarrassed to admit this too..... When I got in my truck this mornin' some song that Fergie sings happened to be one, the song where she sings "Big Girls Don't Cry" (I dont know if thats the name of it but I hate Fergie and dont give a rip about her music...... until this morning) and I felt like singing/sobbing along to it, but re-wording all the lyrics to be about the Super Bowl - all while banging my head on the steering wheel horn..... Sad, I know.
Irregahhhhdless..... this too shall pass. Like all devastating losses, time and the Sox, Celts, Bruins will help hear this mortal wound.... like the heart of a New Englander, I am frigid to everyone except other New Englanders right now. I come off even more pissed off and hot headed than my usual self. And must look like a jerk but ya know what........ I dont give a rip. Normal people who root for their teams only when they are doing well, will NEVAHHH understand the heart of a die hard, never. Sports to us is more than a game, it's our life, its our family, its how we communicate and how we bond, its what we live for..... hey, if there were no die hards there would be no "Greats" to watch. And yes, that is a bold statement but in some weird ironic sense, that makes sense to me..... Us, die hahhhhds, make the sports world go round. And some where I read, that life wouldn't be fun if we didnt take it this personal.... And I agree. I wouldnt enjoy the wins as much, if I didnt suffer through the tragedy of the losses.

Hi, I'm Rob and I'm a Boston-aholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment