Tuesday, February 21, 2012

That G. Love show inspired me

No joke, going to see G. Love live and in person inspired me to the pinnacle peak of inspiration. He was so freakin good live. And it just inspired me. I used to play music, I say used to because I feel like ever since I "grew up" and really took to adult life, I kinda left my musical musings behind.... And that sucks. Because I used to sit out front of my dads house, on the porch with my boy and jamm out until the wee hours of the night..... We boozed hard, and jammed hard.... It was the ish. We would jam during the keg party's I threw, and entertain all our friends.... freestylin' jammin' and not givin' a F*****. It was the best. Hands Down, some of the greatest times of my life..... I'd get home from workin' construction all day, grab a 30 pack, and jamm the F out. And then as I got older, the jam sessions got less, and soon enough when I moved out West they faded completely away..... And it saddened me. And I found that the more time that passed, the harder it was to find my inner confidence to go out and jam again. I was scared. I lost the "Not Give A F****" attitude. I lost the music that lived in me. But G. Love struck a chord in my soul and last night for the first time in years, I broke out the harmonica, told my roommate to get his git-fiddle, and we started jammin' again..... And it felt good..... bettahhhh than good, it felt beautiful. I love music. I am a sensitive doood deep down and music speaks to my soul. I love the feeling you get from hearing a tune that speaks your language. A tune that tells the tale of the rhythm of your life. A feeling you can only get from...... music.

1 comment:

  1. I used to draw. All the time. I carried a sketch book and pencils with my everywhere. Even though I never seriously considered myself an artist it was a matter of expression... but I think you're right. Something about becoming an adult steals that from you. I don't know what it is. I'm glad you found your creativity again :)

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete