Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I wrote this Blog for my other blog

This Blog comes to you from my other blog.....


Ephesians 6:10 - end

Resillient (spelling???). Americans, even before America was America, the people on this land have been hard fought and resillient. I dont want US to ever loose that quality. Through diversity hath come prosperity. Hard work and resillience.

Loyalty. The word holds power. Or at least in my life it holds power and I hold the word in high regard. Since I have been out west, there is one time I think I was loyal to someone who I probably should not have been (or at least as much as I was). But I feel and I learned through therapy, I can be loyal to a fault. It is an unhealthy enabling reflex that has been ingrained into my psychie (spelling of that word, no idea). While watching Anthony Bourdain the other night, on Tony's show No Reservations the one I recently blogged about, Anthony said that while he was grinding it out working in kitchens for chefs he didn't like, he said something that struck me wicked bad....... He talked about keeping it real and integrity. Anthony questions keeping it real and backs it up by stating that he had to work in situations he did not like so how could he be keeping it real. It was amazingly put. I respect Anthony Bourdain a lot. And his take on things is enlightening, to me at least. I always took pride in trying to keep it real, or at least trying to stay as real as I could. But in reality, when Anthony Bourdain broke his stituation down, sometimes the ability to keep it real is just not there. It does not exist. Sometimes you have to, for your own good, you gotta surpress your individuality and make it a sacrifice because you are still paying your dues. I have felt that exact way so many times, where I felt a shut mouth is bettah than any other option. It was just amazing to hear someone, Anthony Bourdain, put it into words and do it in a cool, understandable, and truthful way - He kept it real doing that. it was just one of those moments where it made sense to me, a lightbulb moment. I had known that feeling, was never able to comprehend or verbalize it. And within a moment, Tony B sums it all up. WICKED Brilliant. After I thought I couldn't appreciate Anthony Bourdain anymore, he goes and does something like this - And TOTALLY made me respect him even more.
I know I have said this before but seriously watch that No Reservations episode, I believe it's called - Where It All Began. Wicked good episod3


No comments:

Post a Comment