Thursday, January 12, 2012

My immediate thought this am

I had a thought about a lifelong good friend of mine, a friend who I went to elementary school with, his dad was my basketball coach and we played on the same team, we were real close growing up. But like all things, time had it's way and we parted ways took different life roads, walked our own paths like we all do in life. Nevertheless, when I went back home for my moms funeral, his family came and I got to see him for the first time in years. Even though it had been years, maybe 10 years or more, we still spoke like life had not happened inbetween. It was good to see him and even more though, I know we had both traveled troubled roads. We had both experienced pain, suffering, tragedy, and a infliction of self demise due to personality traits gone awry. I am speaking from solely my point of view.... because we weren't in touch for years I only heard stories of his walk, and I am guessing he only heard stories of mine. Either way, not trying to say anything bad, I am just saying we both had a rough walk. Something mutual we shared in this crazy life.
This am, he was on my mind, he was an immediate thought of mine. I just felt overpowered to reach out and get back in touch with him. When we spoke at my mums funeral, we exchanged contact information, and we talked of reconnecting. I emailed him this morning and hope to re-cement the bonds we once had.


**** I just had a realization, it might have been apparent to some but I can be wicked oblivious at times (ignorance is bliss and so on), but I can't shut my brain off. Going to sleep and even when I wake up, I have trouble, a wicked hard time, keeping my mind from racing. Thoughts crowd my head and I can't stop thinking especially when I lay down to try to sleep..... And the wicked irritating thing is, is that it can be so obnoxious. Obnoxious to the point, that as soon as I wake up my thoughts continue almost convincing me that I never slept, and my thoughts just carried on consistently without stop. Relentless(seemingly). It might sound stupid but that just hit me like a frieght train and the light bulb above my head lit up, brightly. Thoughts/Over-Thinking can be a b*tch.  



ADD thoughts are the worst too. Feel me?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment